As study loan is tailored for students who cannot afford their college or university fees at once.Visit ABSA website page for more information on the ABSA student loan and other qualifying criteria.
Absa Study loans offer includes:-
- Financing of SETA and SAQA courses, textbooks, accommodation and equipment fees
- Lending at competitive interest rates
- Absa Study loans are offered at Absa Student bureaus situated in SA’s leading tertiary institutions; the Absa sales contact centre and selected Absa branches throughout the country
- Numerous launches take place during the year to make students aware of Absa’s great study loan benefits, including great give-aways!
Who Qualifies for Student Loans
- Customers need to earn a monthly income of minimum R3000 per month
- Customers are approved based on their affordability and risk profile.
- Proof of income from the person undertaking the study loan is required
- Proof of study in the form of a final letter of acceptance or proof of registration from the institution and proof of course costs for the year of study is required
- Customers pay competitive interest rates on their study loans
- Customers are offered a 15% discount on study equipment when they apply for a study loan
- The study loan forms part of the Student Package, which includes a student credit card and a cheque account
- Access to a Credit Protection Plan which covers the outstanding amount of the study loan in events of disability, retrenchment, dread disease or loss of life